Sunday, July 6, 2008

Love

Well, I finally finished the pictures from the wedding I assisted with. I was pleased with them overall and I had fun playing with them and trying new things. Unfortunately that takes FOREVER and I am very very tired of looking at these. Here are some of my favorites and the rest are on my Flickr strting here (and going left).

The bride was gorgeous as you can see - that makes it really easy. The thing was that she was so stinkin' cute AND had the perfect body AND is extremely smart (an engineer or something). She is totally the kind of person who you could hate. But she was very sweet. I think she was one of those people who have the opportunity to become a mean girl and then chose to become friends with everyone instead. It was nice to meet such a genuine person and I think her personality shows through.

The groom looks a lot like my brother in the face and it made for interesting shooting. Though the camera it really felt like it was Kyle up there getting married and I was totally getting misty. He just looked so darn happy.

The couple was very religious and had communion together separately before the actual ceremony. They were so giggly and giddy! The ceremony itself was held outside and I don't think you can tell how HOT it was! But that's good, right?

I enjoyed doing the candids, and I am proud of the result but it was A LOT of work proofing all those pictures!! Whew! I don't know if I have the stamina! AND I still haven't been paid my lousy $100 for uncountable hours' work (or gotten my card back!!)...

Anyway, here are 10 that I liked:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Fabulous, fabulous shots!!

Yeah, I've been told proofing and processing a wedding is SO much work. I can't even imagine. That would wipe me out.

And it's time you get your lousy Benjamin and CF card back. Not very professional of the other 'photographer'. Doesn't that exchange happen before the event?

iMother2.0 said...

Gorgeous shots! I LOVE the second one...she's SO happy.

anja said...

These are gorgeous Mel. I agree with Tanya, I love the second one an also the one of her back...and the long shot of the, from behind. Beautiful work.

Stephanie said...

Those are beautiful, Mel. I looked in your flickr and love the one of the man wiping his eyes. I'm assuming it was the father of the bride.