Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rrrrr!

Well, I'm coming here to vent about my husband AGAIN. First let me say that we do not fight all the time, it is just that when we do I feel the need to vent here.

If you have been to our house (any of our houses) you know that we have always had an "office" that has really been Tim's toy room plus a computer. He has all of his toys and posters on the walls and on every available space. That has always been fine with me. But now I am attempting to run a small business in addition to my day job. We have only one computer and for a year I have been working in a space that is literally 4 feet by 4 feet (I measured). So now when we move we are losing the guest room and using the third bedroom as the "office."

Shockingly, I dais that I need more room to work...there isn't even space on the wall here for me to have a calendar. So he agreed that I could add a table to the side. Then today he starts diagramming where my corner will be and where all of his toys, etc. will go. I say that I would like the space on the walls around my "area" and he wants to know why I need it? Why would it matter if his giant Marilyn Manson poster took up the whole freaking wall where I work? Really? I can really not understand how he doesn't understand. So he gives me the whole, "Fine. Do whatever you want. I don't care." Lots of sarcasm and eye-rolling and then shut-down. His typical response to anything. I am so annoyed with the whole production and with the fact that I have to feel guilty about him losing his precious play space ("The ONLY thing I am for," says he.) so that I can have space to sit in front of the computer and work for hours once I get back from job number one where I have been working for 9 hours. I refuse to feel like this is a selfish request.

Rrrr!

3 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

I'm so sorry that Tim sees no problem with decorating YOUR space with HIS stuff. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Melissa said...

Ugh. So frustrating - the lack of comprehension, the passive-aggressive response, the lack of appreciation. Grrrr. Wouldn't it be tragic if a couple of boxes got lost in the move?

Shannan said...

Perhaps move the poster of Marilyn Manson to the living room. No room is complete without one! Other than that, can you say, "Ebay?"