Monday, August 11, 2008

Ho-hum

Well, I am back at school and this is the first of what is sure to be many many whiny posts. I came into the library and everything had been moved and rearranged into crazy places. All of the heavy furniture and 30 or so boxes of books that we have moved to one area in the back for the warehouse to pic up is all over the library. Someone seriously dragged broken furniture back to the place where it stood for the previous 20 years. Then I open the door to my little office and the entire thing is STUFFED full of everything from the back rooms. Stuffed. I got here at 7:45 and just finished moving it all the hell out. And did I mention there is no air? I am pouring sweat. It is dripping off of my fingers into the crevices between the keys. I was all ready to pretend to be cheerful and happy - gonna try the "fake it 'til you make it" thing. But I am here to say that it is going to be much much harder than I thought. I swore I was going to be more positive this year and I am off to go try to do that.

2 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

Mel, it would be nearly impossible to remain in good spirits with a possitive attitude after all the crap everywhere. Plus your space was totally invaded!
Ugh, and no air?!?! in Texas?!?! in Aug?!?! are you sure you're at school and not as some torture camp?

Love you and giving you hugs...don't care if you're sweaty :)

Stephanie said...

I totally didn't get it when we met while sewing who you were because I read your blog and keep up wth your life, but didn't mentally connect at all. Duh. I'm right there with you on the morning sex thing. Ewww, that's why I got married. So I could be more particular about where, when, and how.
Stephanie :-)