Thursday, August 7, 2008

One of Those

Erika sent this to me and I really do like these even though hardly anyone ever replies to me. So I thought I'd try it on the blog and see if I could get you to repost your answers

Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends.

Change all the answers so they apply to you, and then send this to your friends including the person
who sent it to you. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things
about your friends that you might not have known.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:00 blech Mornings make me want to vomit. And don't even THINK about asking me for sex in the morning

2. Diamonds or Pearls? I guess diamonds, but I prefer the cheap stuff. And I LOVE moonstone...it's my favorite and I have major superstitions related to moonstones. I could not be without one for so so long - I thought that something terrible would happen. And typing this kind of makes me want to go put one on right now.

3. What 2 things do you always have with you? A pocketful of receipts and other crap and I can seriously not think of anything else because I lose everything. About 60% of things come back to me

4. What is your favorite TV show(s)? 30 Rock (TINA FEY - my BFF! Hopefully she doesn't read this blog or I will be expecting a restraining order soon), The Office, Dexter, House (Hugh Laurie - yum), loved Six Feet Under and Oz...I am blanking since it's rerun season

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Usually skip it and then pig out later when starving...I like to sleep until the last possible moment. But when I do make it on a school day I have eggs and cheese toast.

6. What is your favorite book? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh Man. Any memoir by David Sedaris. The Harry Potter books. I just finished Breaking Dawn and LOVED it. Really too many to name but I can't wait to see other people's picks - I need a great book to read!

7. What is your middle name? Renee. With an accent over the second e if you please

8. What food do you dislike? Seafood. I can eat crab and crawfish (once!) if need be, but the whole shit just freaks me out. Texture issues

9. What is your favorite CD? Hmmmmmmmm Right now it may still be the Once Soundtrack. But I totally listen to music based on my mood so it varies. I am really liking The Raconteurs right now. A lot.

10. What type of car do you drive? Black Jeep Compass - woohoo! My new (to me) ride after the Malibu pooped out for good

11. Favorite sandwich? Tomato Basil Fresh Mozz with pesto mmmmmmmmmm

12. What characteristic do you despise? I really can't abide bullies - male or female. And manipulators who kill you with kindness because they get me every damn time. I am a total spineless sucker

13. Favorite item of clothing? t-shirt fo sho

14. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? India

15. What color is your bathroom? Oh my god. Remember we rent. Some horrifying mauve shiny wallpaper. Ick.

16. Favorite brand of clothing? If I was skinny and rich I would wear nothing but Anthropologie, but as it is I guess Target...

17. Where would you like retire to? Crested Butte

18. What was your most recent memorable birthday? When I was 5 I had ponies and a sleepover...it's really one of the only birthdays I remember...It was great.

19. Furthest place you are sending this? Gee, I don't know...who is reading this and thinks they are farthest away?

21. Who do you least expect to repost this? Bonnie

22. Person you expect to repost first? Tanya, but I'd really like to read everyone's

23. Favorite saying? Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

24. When is your birthday? 3/11/79

25. Are you a morning person or a night person? I guess night? More like evening but for the love of god not mornings

26. What is your shoe size? 8. A WIDE 8.

27. Pets? Mojo Jojo the chihuahua Kali and Dinky the cats And the rats apparently living in the garage nice.

28. What did you want to be when you were little? An actress. I was the kid who practiced the Oscar speech in front of the mirror. Sadly, I still harbor some hope there. But unless casting directors visit playgroups or elementary school libraries looking for chubby balding 30 year olds with slight lisps I am fucked.

29. How are you today? All over the place. Had a boring morning followed by a good hang out with buds and now feel inexplicably bummed

30. What is your favorite candy? Reeses cups. Anything peanut buttery. I will go with Erika here. And I like my Reeses cups right out of the freezer with a tall glass of milk.

31. What is your favorite flower? Dahlia Lovelove them but haven't had one since my wedding. Sigh. Come ON Tim, jeez.

32. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? I can not think of one damn thing...isn't that sad?

33. What is the last thing you ate? Um, a nacho at happy hour?

34. What are you listening to right now? Silence.

35. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Indigo

36. How is the weather right now? hot as hell but it's nice out now since it's late

37. Last person you spoke to on the phone? tim to tell him that Andrea had to buy me beer since my ID was in his wallet

38. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I certainly do. Wish she lived closer

39. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke. But I SWEAR I will be weaning soon. F'n crack.

40. Favorite restaurant? Torchy's Tacos...mmmm...the democrat....mmmm

41. Hair color? Brown - what's left of it

42. Sibling(s). younger brother and sister

43. Favorite day of the year? Halloween

44. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lite Brite for me too Erika! Even after I was electrocuted by it while playing with it directly after getting out of the bathtub.

45. Summer or winter? Damn it, where is spring? Okay, fall for football but not for Ragweed, Spring for my b-day, g's b-day, spring break and weather. Summer for no school and hanging out with friends more, but not for weather. And winter for skiing which I NEVER get to do anymore...

46. Hugs or kisses? Hugs! I am veryvery huggy but would rather have no hug than a lame side hug or pat. But I do love kisses from my boys

47. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla... but come on! At least give me some Oreos in there! I really like Rainbow sherbert best, but only from Baskin Robbins

48. Do you want your friends to post back? Yes...PLEASE!!

49. When was the last time you cried? This afternoon while listening to a recap of this NPR story in my car. I cried the first time I heard it, too. Listen to it if you dare, it will break your heart. Warning: it's devastating.

50. What is under your bed? boxes of pictures and notes from high school/college

51. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Hmmm...I think Marissa reads this, right Rizz?

52. Favorite smell? Burt's Bees Buttermilk Lotion on G. But then Romance deodorant (cologne is too stong for me now) on Tim makes me want to rip my clothes off

53. What are you afraid of? Many many things. Most of which are out of my control. I guess not being loved/like is a big personal one for me. I can't think too much about the big stuff or I start to flip out.

54. Plain, butter or salted popcorn? Not really into popcorn except when I was preggo

55. How many keys on your key ring? Ha...like 10?? I can't get rid of them! I don't know what they all are, you say? Well the minute I toss it, I will need it!

56. How many years at your current job? This will be my second year at my school

57. Favorite day of the week? Saturday. totally. Would maybe be Sunday since Tim is always home but I let the looming Monday ruin it for me during the school year.

58. How many towns have you lived in? 4 Dallas until 3ish, Gainesville Fl until 7ish, Fort Worth and Austin since then

59. Do you make friends easily? Yes. I think I can get along with mostly everyone. But I tend to try too hard sometimes. And when I get in a funk I don't too well keeping in touch and I worry that they won't take me back. Tim thinks I set my friend standards too high for the next tier of friends...

60. How many people will you be sending this to? i have no clue

Whew!
********
What in the hell. Spell check tells me it's sherbet and not sherbert. I just checked the BR website and it's fucking "sherbet." I have gone 29 1/2 years of my life with various sherberts being my favorite ice cream and I NEVER EVER knew it was sherbet. This is really shocking. And now you think I'm some kind of back woods freak. Am I the only one who's been ordering "sherbert" my whole life. I think I'm having some sort of existential crisis over this.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So we're supposed to repost in the comments, right? Or is it on our blog?

1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:30. Ugh.

2. Diamonds or Pearls? Diamonds are a girl's best friend - I think they dress up or down better than pearls.

3. What 2 things do you always have with you? Cellphone, credit card. Always.

4. What is your favorite TV show(s)? As Time Goes By - Britcom with Judi Dench.

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee. Soooo healthy.

6. What is your favorite book? Pride and Prejudice.

7. What is your middle name? Ann

8. What food do you dislike? Shellfish! Ugh, I don't want to eat something's digestive tract!

9. What is your favorite CD? Probably have to say a Lynyrd Skynyrd greatest hits.

10. What type of car do you drive? Mitsubishi Montero. Stupid boring car.

11. Favorite sandwich? From the Neiman Marcus cafe, ham, chutney, and pineapple, grilled.

12. What characteristic do you despise? Backstabbing.

13. Favorite item of clothing? Gypsy skirts.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? India!!!

15. What color is your bathroom? Pretty light spa-like blue.

16. Favorite brand of clothing? Dolce and Gabbana. I didn't say I actually wear it.

17. Where would you like retire to? Scotland.

18. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Hmmmm, well I enjoyed hanging out with the OMamas for the last one!

19. Furthest place you are sending this? No clue!

21. Who do you least expect to repost this? I don't think this applies.

22. Person you expect to repost first? Or this!

23. Favorite saying? I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

24. When is your birthday? 3/10/79 (OMG, Mel!)

25. Are you a morning person or a night person? SOOO a night person. I could stay up until 4am easily and sleep 'til noon.

26. What is your shoe size? 11. :(

27. Pets? Beowulf the dog.

28. What did you want to be when you were little? A writer.

29. How are you today? Well it looks like I'm gonna make it to the weekend, so pretty good.

30. What is your favorite candy? Reeses cups. (!!!)

31. What is your favorite flower? Stargazer lilies.

32. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Gwen's second birthday.

33. What is the last thing you ate? Pad thai.

34. What are you listening to right now? Silence.

35. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red red red.

36. How is the weather right now? Hot hot hot.

37. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Anja!

38. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Uh, DUH!!

39. Favorite soft drink? Hmm, I swore them off and now they all taste gross to me.

40. Favorite restaurant? El Chile

41. Hair color? Brown

42. Sibling(s). two younger brothers

43. Favorite day of the year? Halloween!!!!

44. What was your favorite toy as a child? Toy microscope.

45. Summer or winter? Winter!!!

46. Hugs or kisses? Hugs I guess, depending on who it is. Sometimes I want a smooch, sometimes I'd rather just have a handshake.

47. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate.

48. Do you want your friends to post back? Yup.

49. When was the last time you cried? A couple of days ago over a Juicy Juice ad.

50. What is under your bed? A highly advanced dust bunny civilization.

51. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Stephanie, whom I miss.

52. Favorite smell? Coconut oil.

53. What are you afraid of? Dental surgery, typical mom stuff like Gwen getting sick.

54. Plain, butter or salted popcorn? Buttered and salted.

55. How many keys on your key ring? 4. Not too bad.

56. How many years at your current job? Well, Gwen's 21 months, so, 21 months.

57. Favorite day of the week? Saturday.

58. How many towns have you lived in? Dallas, Rockwall, Durham, Venice, London, Austin. 6

59. Do you make friends easily? Yes, for the most part.

60. How many people will you be sending this to? Who knows?

Mother of the Freakin' Year said...

Yay Melissa! We do have a lot in common...that's why I love to read these. Yeah, I was thinking on your blog so that other people who read your blog would do it too, and a link here?? But this works just fine, too!
Fun hanging out last night!

Bonnie said...

You're right. I won't post it. Too much work. I also thought it was sherbert. Learn something new everyday. That and I need to switch deodorants if I want to get it on with you.

iMother2.0 said...

that was interesting and fun...i want to look back in a few years to see if i still feel the same.

Mel, you and i have NOTHING in common...how are we even friends?!?! ;P No, there were some similar similarities :)

http://imother.blogspot.com/2008/08/mel-did-this-to-me.html

need the name of the deodorant...i'm i'm going to fight Bonnie for you, i need to be prepared for the victory!

1 said...

OMG!!! Two things:

• I just burned an entire batch of peanut butter cookies because I was laughing through this post and got side tracked as hell. DAMMMIT MEL.

• Secondly, I ALWAYS said sherbert until last year when I had someone correct me. And my mom is an English teacher and never once corrected me. I guess she was drunk that whole time anyway.

• Lastly, another interesting tidbit of info about sherBET. Did you know it has milk/dairy in it? I had no idea. I always thought it was all ice and sugar. I only found this out last month when I ordered some for Chloe and at the last second thought to ask if it had any dairy in it. Good thing b/c I didn't have my epi-pen on me.

So I guess that was three things. Oh well. Thanks for the laugh fellow lite-brite lover.