Thursday, August 21, 2008

Weirdness

I had such a weird situation happen. There's a guy I know who is pretty flirty with all the girls, but in a sort of non-threatening, older guy and married, but still sometimes a little uncomfortable kind of way. With all girls. So he asks me how I am and we visit. Then he asks me about Tim. Then he randomly says, "Well, you know me, I've got my damn wife...over there...you know. I don't want to mess around on her. I'm just that not that kind of guy. I mean I shouldn't mess around with someone else because I'm married. I need to stay together with her because of the kids..." I have no idea where this is going since it was totally out of the blue. So I nod and say uh-huh, yeah, etc. He says, "But I'm a MAN, is what I'm saying. And there are all these PEACHES around here! You know?" At this point I'm getting a little uncomfortable because I'm not exactly sure how to respond or how he is expecting me to react. So I say, "Well, you're not that kind of guy. I always tell Tim that I'm not the kind of girl who can forgive and move on if he cheats, so if he's gonna do it, he better be sure because that's it." Silence. He says, "It happened to me (his ex-wife cheated), I know! I shouldn't do it. But it's like walking through an orchard around here!" Now he's sort of walking away and I am out of things to say so I say something to the effect of, "Hang in there!" Totally weird. And pretty awkward. Not sure what that was all about or if I should have handled it differently.

***ETA: When I day "girls", I mean women. Especially women younger than him, but cougars also.***

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Seriously disturbing. I hope he doesn't include the underage girls in the "peaches" category.

iMother2.0 said...

I totally think he was coming on to you in a way that wouldn't make him feel rejected if you did reject him. Fishing.
You mentioned Tim and your thoughts on fidelity. That's HIS weirdness. Not yours. You did great :)
He's still weird, though.

Mother of the Freakin' Year said...

Yikes! I totally don't think he was talking about underage girls. He meant all the women - especially the group of cute young women in their cute little Anthropologie dresses. When I say he's flirty with the girls, I mean young women. I'm glad you said something - I wouldn't want people thinking it was something THAT freaky! Blech.

Andrea said...

Uggghhh!!

That sounds like a man who's about to have an affair.

Christen said...

Awkward. And creepy. Unless he's attractive....then, who cares?
Joking. Kinda.

Anonymous said...

!#!@@#$@! I really don't think he's serious. You all (C and K) triggered me off this summer with gossip, but I really think he is a normal hispanic, sensitive male who loves to be around women who don't criticize him. There is something there that we don't know-ya know what I mean...go with it and don't file sexual harassment.

Anonymous said...

I'm anonymous- I pushed enter befor my name was there.