Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Aaaaaaa!

Today we had the coolest program at school. I happened to be walking by the cafeteria and heard BEATBOXING!!

I. Love. Beatboxing.

Turns out there was a band playing and talking about rhythm, etc. and they had a guest vocalist who was a beatboxing fool. He did a drum solo with his mouth (haha).
Then they played Cashmere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love that song and I was like - how freakin' cool is this?? And the kids were boppin'. I was tempted to get up and dance. They already think I'm weird...what's the harm?

Then I find out that in only the first 10 minutes after the second performance, 2 parents had complained in the office. They complained about the fact that they played LED ZEPPELIN!

I wanted to just pack it up and move away. Or at least run away. Screaming.

What will I do when I am really expected to socialize with these people as a fellow parent? HOW could we ever EVER be friends if they not only disapprove of Led Zeppelin, but go to complain to the OFFICE about it?

I do not fit in.

And thank god I didn't dance.

2 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

You are one of the most fun-loving people I know. DON'T let THEM stifle you! Dance, laugh and be merry!

Art teachers, drama teachers and librarians are always weird. keep it weird, Mel!

Another thing, when Greyson's all in school and stuff, you won't wanna hang out with those nags anyway. You'll be you and people will seek to be your friend.

You are FABULOUS!!!!!

what song comes to mind now is 'rock tha boat, rock tha boat, baby..just tip the boat over'

Andrea said...

See!! This is why I don't want to go back to teaching in the public schools!! Shit like that would piss me off.

And this is why I need to open my own school.

And you can be our librarian.

teeheehee....

I know, I'm dreaming.