Saturday, May 17, 2008

Fighting the Crazies

So I am off the pill.

Before you all freak out - No, I am not trying to get pregnant. At all. In fact, it would be bad if it happened. No amount of scrimping and saving could possibly amount to $1500 a month in childcare.

Anyway, I decided to try life without artificial hormones and see if it makes me less crazy. I've been on them for 9 years except for one month and then for six weeks after G was born. I don't even really know what I'm supposed to feel like, to tell you the truth. Plus I'm hoping my hair will start coming back. Like half of it fell out 6 months after G was born. While it's mostly stopped coming out in chunks, it has not even begun growing back.

It's week three off. I think. Who the hell can keep track without the pack to look at? Jeez.

My body has been going bonkers.
My boobs are hurting - took a pregnancy test.
I am starving, then not hungry at all - took a pregnancy test.
Gas? Must be a baby kicking - took a pregnancy test.

I have not had unprotected sex in the three weeks and I haven't missed a period and I have taken three pregnancy tests. So much for curing me of the crazies.

But if we get right down to the nitty-gritty, there is one big perk:

When we're using condoms, I don't have to get up and run to the bathroom!
Finally, I can be the one to roll over and go straight to sleep!


Hmm...not being too candid I hope???

:)

2 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

You're getting off the rollercoaster, I'm getting on....I'm crazy both ways. Ask Daryl. This is what he told his brother when talking about wanting to marry me. 'she's the least crazy girl I know...and she's great in the sack!'

never too candid. I LOVE candid..it's real, ya know?

I HATE condoms...even more so that I'm latex intolerant. What do I do now with all those latex toys?

How's THAT for candid.

Unknown said...

I cannot believe your other half agreed to that I know mine would be whining and crying if he had to use a condon. Oh and why would you have to get up and run to the bathroom if you didnt use a condom? Told you I was a dirty bird...lol?