Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Can Not Believe This

But I got in a motherfucking accident. Just a fender-bender, but I am still crying randomly. My car is fine, like two little cuts in the front bumper. I am fine, G is fine. I was stopped at the yield from the northbound access road on 183 to McNeil. The girl in front of me went, I looked over my shoulder and went but the girl had stopped (for fuck knows what reason) about 5 feet in front of me. So I accelerated into her bumper but only for less than a car length. She has a dent in her fender and it looks like it may have come unattached a little on the side. I shit you not she called the police (fine, I've been screwed by assholes before, too), then said she wasn't sure if she hit her head (????) and felt dizzy. She requested an ambulance and the police, fire truck, and ambulance all rushed over and 6 people surrounded her. They simultaneously checked her blood pressure, asked her questions, and did blood sugar tests. I just sat there. The cops even rolled their eyes to me. I'm thinking fucking great. She decided not to go to the hospital, THANK GOD. Leaving I told her I hoped she was okay, and she said, "I don't know."

Now I can't stop getting weepy b/c stupid Tim's parents (who already hate me for every other reason) used their credit to help us get the car and therefore insisted we go on their insurance policy even though I told them we didn't have to. Now they have one more freaking reason to hate me.

And I have to come up with $250.

Fuck it all.

7 comments:

Sara Ballard said...

I can't think of any reason someone would hate you, seriously. F* them if they get mad. I am so glad you and G were not hurt, its all I care about. If you need anything, please let me know!!

nopinkhere said...

I'm glad y'all are okay. I go through that spot all the time, and I've come SO close to hitting people who stop like that. Sending soothing vibes to the in-laws.

Melissa said...

Oh that beyond sucks. That is a classic insurance fraud trick. It's actually probably a good thing she called out the Mounties and everyone,'cause now you have a record and she can't make shit up.

I'm so sorry this happened. I'm sending you a big hug over the internet.

Unknown said...

Ughhh...I know th eworst part will be dealing with the ILs but maybe spin it as I am SO glad G and I weren't hurt!

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry! And like the others, am relieved to hear you and your lil guy are ok!

Christen said...

That SUCKS! But, I'm glad you guys are okay.

1 said...

Eeesh Mel. This bites. But I am so glad you two escaped unscathed. Too bad it wasn't you suffering from a bruised nostril or something. Then you could have sued the pants off someone.

PS: Welcome to the hated-by-the-in-laws club (although I don't really think anyone could hate you).