Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Not So Finances

The thing that really pisses me off (at this moment) is that I have been paying our bills since we started living together NINE YEARS AGO. We have always been living month to month and it has alwaysalways stressed me out. Many times I have tried to talk to Tim about the fact that we need to go to cash only, or no more beer more than once a week, or whatever, and he will never do anything or stick to any budget more than a week. That is not to say that I am far behind with my terrible attitude that it's not FAIR for him to get to spend $60 on a concert and I don't get to do anythink - off to the bookstore!
Well he is on the FIRST MONTH of attempting to pay the bills and is totally pissed off at me because we don't have any money to make it until next Thursday. Because it's all my fault, surely. And I can't count the number of times we have been in this sitation even if I used both hands and feet. But he acts like it is the first time this has ever happened. WHY didn't I pay X bill when it was due? Hmm, could it be because we don't have the f'n money in our account to cover the check? Just paying things blindly results in 10 $40 overdraft charges. Yes, we have no money. Yes, I have been stressing about that for NINE YEARS. One night of knowing that and he's slamming things around and not talking to me.
I hate money.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. Money stress sucks, but money fights suck worse. Last winter we went through the Dave Ramsey book and found some things that work for us and some that don't, but it totally changed my mindset about paying cash vs credit. A virtual hug seems trite, but really hope in time you can find some way to sort this out.

Melissa said...

That really sucks. I hope ya'll can find a solution that works. There's a blog I like called Get Rich Slowly that's all about budgeting etc that you might check out. Sending you a huge hug.

Bonnie said...

Here here. I hate money too.

Shannan said...

Money is the root of all evil! You can chat with my husband on some money saving/ budgeting tips. I'm not joking- he makes every penny count.