Saturday, November 8, 2008

So Much

I am reading this book called The Man on the Ceiling and it is unlike anything I've ever read before. Aside from the fact that I am having a hard time sorting out my feelings about the book, there are many things the authors have said that I have wanted to write about. I'll do that later, but for now something they said seems appropriate for today.

I can't find the actual passage because I forgot to mark it, but it says something to the effect that she "looked at him as if she couldn't believe he was her child." I have been feeling like this a lot lately. And in context it was meant as being incredulous that such an amazing person is possible. G has had another big language jump in the last two weeks and more often than not when his is conversing with me I find myself smiling dumbly at him because he is just more than I can even take in. Amazing. I honestly can't believe it sometimes - not only that he is my son (and this has nothing to do with biology - in fact the son in the book is adopted - and everything to do with the fact that we are mother and son to each other), but even that such an unbelievable little person can even exist.

It makes me dizzy.

No comments: