Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Craaaazy

I am very pissed at Tim right now. Background: I have had this weird feeling all day and I had convinced myself that I had somehow gotten fiberglass inside of all of my clothes causing me to itch and feel sharp sticks all day long. Then I'm sitting at the computer and I feel like ants are biting me but there aren't any whenever I check. Then Tim says oops I forgot to bring home your Effexor again today. Which means I haven't had it since Sunday morning. I start wondering if hmmm that might have something to do with it since I remember reading about withdrawal symptoms when I was looking up the pseudo acid trip it gave me at first. So I look it up and there is nothing but scary shit out there about stopping Effexor. Especially cold turkey. So then I am starting to panic and I feel nauseated. I want off if this crazy ass shit. But apparently I should do it very very slowly. So I go in to ask Tim can they transfer the prescription tomorrow so I can pick it up at lunch time and take it. He gets all defensive about oh, jeez, I said I'm sorry I forgot and blah blah you are jsut freaking yourself out blah blah. I realize I am freaking myself out. I just said that I feel ants and fiberglass on my whole body. This is not about you forgetting to bring it the fuck home. But I can't even discuss my impending panic attack with him because he is now in full defensive mode. I am so angry because I am feeling freaked out and scared that the other more scary side effects will start before I can take it tomorrow. And I have staff development all day to dwell on it. And now I have to sit here clawing at myself and talking to my computer about it instead of my husband becuase he has "already said sorry." That's lame.
And please don't tell me what the internet says about Effexor, I can not deal.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Aw, Mel, I am so sorry. That sucks. Sending you a hug through the ether.

iMother2.0 said...

cold turkey off anything sucks. i'm sorry he got deffensive and didn't see the big picture. hoping you get your meds. STAT!
:)

Sara Ballard said...

I hope you can get your meds quick! More than anything I am hoping you can find a way to feel better without feeling crazy. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Big hug!

Unknown said...

Awww..mama! Always here if you want to chat! Stop googling Effexor now!

Andrea said...

I have some St. Johns Wart?

((Hugs))