Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pimple

Greyson had a gigantic pimple on his chin. Tim had bad cystic acne as a teenager and is so totally stressed that G is doomed to his genes that he considers this just the beginning. I tried to tell him it is the constant dirt and food and stickiness on his chin, but oh well. Anyhoo it has been ripe for a-poppin' multiple times in its long life (at least a week - I swear!). I tried doing it nonchalantly. Tears and running. I tried strapping him into the carseat, then popping. More tears, with screaming this time. I tried pinning him to the floor with my knees and pulling it off (no squeezing required at this point, I swear!) but other than providing much therapy fodder, it didn't work. Screaming and crying, "No pop it Mommy! I want Daddy!" until I finally felt guilty enough to stop trying. I had to have him put a pirate band-aid on his chin so I could stop fixating on it. I am telling you, it was a whitehead the size of a pea - surely I could just accidentally knock it off while wiping his mouth after dinner? Nope. He was wise to my game. So last night in the car out of the blue:

G: Mommy! No pop my pimple! I got pimple off!
Me: Oh! You got your pimple off? (Brain doing happy dance) Did it hurt?
G: No hurt!
silence
G: I eat it!

1 comment:

iMother2.0 said...

blah!!!!

You MUST add warnings for your pregnant nauseous readers!

I fixate on pimples. I NEED to get them...I feel ya, mama :)