Friday, April 18, 2008

Anticlimactic

Well, I'm back. I have tons of stories to tell about the conference but alas, no pics. I have skin rubbed off on both shoulders from carrying two bags stuffed to the gills with books every day for three days. Awesome.
I was SO ready to see Greyson and Tim. I was really excited and jumped straight into the car without so much as going to the bathroom when I got home. G was totally unimpressed. No running to me or even hugging me extra long. I was bummed.
Then Tim gets home and the first thing he does is lots of sighing about the fact that I put all my bags on the couch to play with G right away. Something along the lines of how oh no I'm home so now the house will get messy in no time.
I go into the bedroom and Tim has rearranged the whole room without discussing it with me. He even changed my side of the bed (???). I'm a little ticked about this because he has now done that in every room in the house and he gets mad if I want to change it.
Then Greyson screams bloody murder forever and more sighing from Tim. Of course he tells me that G didn't cry or fuss at all while I was gone.
So now I feel bummed and sort of melancholy. I guess I thought we would have some kind of happy evening together as a family since this was the first time I've been away. So totally not like that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh....the happy homecoming! I am sure they both missed you more than they expressed and hopefully after a lil' rest you can have some nice fam time together!
I sent my positive thoughts...hoping no news is good news!

iMother2.0 said...

It's like that with Mia when we go pick her up from my in-laws after a weekend stay. Daryl and I walk in, expecting...something...then she looks at us and goes to her nana and asks for a snack or something. NOT exactly warm and fuzzy.
Changing your side of the bed. Unacceptable.