Monday, April 7, 2008

Joie de Vivre

On Saturday we went to my friend Andrea's house for her daughter Sophia's second birthday. They had a crawfish boil and it was one of the most laid-back, relaxing, fun parties I've been to. It doesn't hurt that Andrea has the perfect back yard for kids. I barely even saw G, he was way too busy for the likes of us. It also doesn't hurt that I can be so comfortable with the people there. It's nice to just be able to hang.

On to the crawfish - so, I don't really eat seafood. I don't like fish or shrimp or lobster, etc., etc. (I think I maybe do like crab - in a crab cake!) But guess what? I LIKED IT! I was really surprised. Now, I was not ready to be sucking any heads or doing the actual dirty work, but the meat tasted good! Must have been the spices...now I can never never eat it again unless Mike cooks it. I don't want to ruin it for myself.

I finally got back into the groove taking pictures and I took TONS. Since I think I put up over 50 (you can see them on Flickr here), I had a hard time choosing just a few for this post, but here we go...





























3 comments:

iMother2.0 said...

It really was a great time. I also loved how Mia was gone for a while and all was good. I think Andrea should host a party once a month...at least :)

Unknown said...

All these pics are really making me pissed that we missed the fun!
Glad to see you so inspired to snap away!

Andrea said...

yeah! It seems I hardly saw Sophia since she was preoccupied with everything going on around her. It was such a relaxed afternoon with great company! I want to do it again.

Mike is more than willing to host backyard crawfish parties during the season (which is over usually in May). We usually do about 3 a year, but we'd probably have to collect a 'cover charge' to afford all that crawfish, which has worked in the past. All his friends keep saying they want more boils, so he says, just buy 'em and I'll cook 'em. LOL!!

I'll tell you Mel, it's hard to get crawfish in Austin that tastes like his, so be careful where you eat it, if you decide to try again. =)