Monday, April 14, 2008

Yuck

Blech. I just got done crying like an idiot at lunch in front of.... let's see...6 colleagues including the principal. People were talking about debt and I was starting to feel panicky and then they started in about the house. I normally don't mind people asking me how it's going, but this just seemed to go on and on until I finally lost it and started crying. Then came the awkwardness while I tried to pull it back together. And STILL they were asking about it. I know everyone was trying to help, which is maybe what made me go over the edge. I thought I'd vent here since I'm done crying but not done feeling like an ass. Totally embarrassing.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I've lost it in front of colleagues before....

The first one was when I was working at a doctors office while in college. Came back from bombing the dreadful GRE and as soon as I walk in, one doc asks, "So, did you ace it?" The tears came flooding. The mother hens in the office comforted me, while I felt like a baby.

The 2nd time was when I was pregger with Sophia. I was getting dumped tons of admin crap and dealing with tons of pressure. I lost it over lesson planning.

Financial hardships suck. Makes me wanna cry too. My FIL reminded me last weekend, that it's all temporary. I suppose he's right.

Bonnie said...

I have SO been there. And you just want to disappear or eat snakes. ANYTHING but be there at that moment. I am so sorry Mel. I feel for you baby.

iMother2.0 said...

'Then came the awkwardness' THAT'S the part I hate.
Money problems suck...crying in front of people you don't feel safe with is the worst.

I don't want to come off trite, but {{{{HUGS}}} (I've NEVER done that before) :)

Sorry, but I just can't get over Bonnie's line about eating snakes!