Monday, June 23, 2008

Best Shot Monday - Summer Vibe

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged since last Monday. I had Greyson home with me all week and I swear I didn't have a second to myself! Now that he's back at school a couple of days this week, I will have to catch up.

This week's Best Shot for me came when I was holding this sweet baby and chilling out at Central Market listening to awesome African drumming and singing. It was hot, but the sun was starting to go down and I was really feeling the summer vibe. I hate that I chopped his ear, but I was actually shooting with my camera on my shoulder instead of up to my eye. Oh well. Actual summer in Texas may be stifling, but I do still love the idea and feeling of "summer."

Photobucket

P.S. Thanks for the tip on how to get bigger pix Melissa!

9 comments:

Melissa said...

boy do i feel you - love the notion of summer, not so big a fan of the stifling heat. i love your BSM pic - that texas sun!

you can get a bigger pic if you host your image on a service like flickr or photobucket, then paste the html in the blog post.

Andrea said...

Sweet shot!

I wish I could have listened to the djembabes. Looks like it was a very hot, yet energizing time.

Andi said...

Completely LOVE this shot! Those lovely eyes...how handsome...and baby cheeks make me swoon! I feel your pain on the heat- I live in Georgia, and the heat here is awful- so humid and makes me have difficluty breathing...

Christina said...

What a sweet capture! his eyes are lovely. Great job shooting from the hip (or rather, shoulder!).

Jaimee said...

Wow, that is an awesome capture! I love his eyes and the great bokeh!

iMother2.0 said...

LOVE this shot of Gavin. It sure was a fun time!

kim said...

so cute! his eyes shine! (and I wouldn't worry too much about the ear.... it doesn't take away from the photo at all)

Anonymous said...

Holy Moses! I'm going to come through the screen and eat him! Adorable . . .

Rose said...

I love it! I don't mind the ear at all (in fact, for a moment I thought you speaking literally -dah! I'm still drinking my coffee...)

I also LOVE those "OneLight" pictures in your sidebar.