Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why I Love Austin #1

Just one of the many reasons I love Austin:

Last night I was driving down Guadalupe downtown and I was overtaken by about 50 motorcycles. They came up behind me and flowed around me like a stream. Once they passed me by, I was thinking of how cool that was when I was overtaken by about 20 men on bicycles. With their bodies painted. In only thongs. I had to honk at that! Once I put it all together I laughed at the fact that Austin is so awesome as to have a huge biker rally and a huge gay pride parade on the same day. Then I make my way to the party where I will be taking pictures and as soon as I get there Elvis intro music starts playing and in dances an Elvis impersonator. All this within 15 minutes. I love Austin.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

OMG. I was wanting to to get some shots of the rally, but knew I couldn't squeeze it into my weekend.

And yes, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. I love this place.