Sunday, June 1, 2008

...he can't pull over any farther!

My friend argued tonight that my love for Super Troopers would not stand the test of time. I could not disagree with this more.

He says that it is not nessecarily the genre that makes him say that. He thinks Caddyshack withstands the test of time and I agree with that. But I wholeheartedly believe that I will still laugh my ass of at this movie when I am an old lady.

Exhibit A: I first saw this movie in 2001, where I could not breathe in I was laughing so hard.
Exhibit B: Watching it for the 1000th time, I peed my pants.
Exhibit C: I just watched the firt 6ish minutes on YouTube again (seven years later) and I hit my head on the side of my computer desk.

Yes, if you do not enjoy stoner humor and this genre of movie, you **may** not like this movie AS MUCH as I do. And I have a sneaking suspicion that a few of my new friends may not like it at all. And I will try (really really try) not to let this interfere with our friendships. But I feel like if you do not like Super Troopers, than you will probably not like me, either.

Here, for your viewing pleasure, is the first 6(ish) minutes of Super Troopers. The best intro to any comedy. Ever. I am not ashamed to say it. I love this movie with all my heart.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I *heart" SUper Troopers! When I need agood laugh I always pop in the DVD and replay the intro over and over till I laugh so hard I am crying.

1 said...

I always think of you a when I see this movie! The first time Kevin and I saw it was at your house in FW. Do you remember playing it for us? You had some serious wiring malfunction with your TV and were getting so mad because you were dying for us to see the first 5 minutes. Of course we were hooked after that.