Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Bust

Well, Father's Day definitely didn't turn out how I planned. I get overly excited about holidays and birthdays and I almost always feel let down after they're over but this time was really bad.

My idea:
Tim sleeps in
G and I wake him with breakfast and new Guitar Hero
we lounge around in pjs and maybe play some GH
Tim goes to gym
maybe sex during naptime
take some father/son photos with my new backdrop (I'd like one of these for my office)
play outside together
I make a yummy dinner
watch a movie after G goes to sleep?

How it went down:
Tim sleeps in (woohoo-got one right)
We bring in Guitar Hero but T seems unimpressed and goes back to sleep
G and I play
Tim wakes up and goes to the gym
G and I play
Tim hangs up on me for the first time ever b/c I say I can't understand him when he is mumbling on the phone (??)
I go to sleep while Tim gives G lunch and puts him down
I go to the grocery store while Tim and G watch Bambi
Tim and I have some kind of weird argument going on where he thinks I'm yelling at him when really I just thought he was on the other side of the house when I ask for help with groceries
Tim refuses to talk about weird vibe and answers everything with, "Whatever." and "Whatever you say."
I wonder if we have a bigger problem than I thought and start to get a stomach ache
Continue with uncomfortable vibe
Tim gets pissed because the movie he went to see alone was sold out
Tim doesn't eat any of the dinner I make (which is one of his favorites). He's "not hungry."
Tim lays on the couch while G and I eat at the table
We sit in total silence on opposite sides of the living room while G plays for 15 minutes
I get G ready and read him stories while Tim sits in the dark (sleeps?)in the office
Tim puts G to bed while I do dishes
Tim comes out and says he's going to bed at 8:15
He leans over to kiss me, pauses, then kisses my forehead instead
I sit here and wonder what the hell is going on and feel like crying
Oh hey, here it comes

I guess maybe we have a problem that I wasn't aware of?

Happy Father's Day.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey Mel... I'm sorry. What a shitty day.

I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here, but would going for some counseling sessions be an option? Just to sort through some of this.

It also sounds like Tim is depressed.


Thinking of you...

iMother2.0 said...

Ugh!!! Mel, I'm so sorry. What a crappy day, and after much effort on your part. I have to think...WTF is his problem?!?! So not cool.

BTW I also spend a lot of time, energy and love when it comes to birthdays, holidays and stuff. I's amazing how disappointed I get. Frustrating.

anja said...

Aww..talk to him. Maybe he feels like you'll aren't spending enough time together? Tell him you love him and your life sucks if your partner is unhappy..

Melissa said...

Oh, mama, what a crappy day. I'm sorry all your lovely plans got replaced with suckiness.

Hug.